To our valued patients,
To assist both new and exsiting patients with their health needs during this challenging time, the staff at Burlington Sports and Spine Clinic will be available to conduct complimentary assesments and advice by telephone or online.
VIRTUAL CARE CAN INCLUDE:
- Injury Updates
- Education & Advice
- Evaluation of Rehab
- New exercise progressions
How to Book:
Book Online via the website : Book Now
Call the Clinic: 289-351-0301
E-mail the Clinic: email@example.com
Note: We will be answering the phones Monday – Friday from 10AM – 1PM. If there is no answer, please leave a message, as we are responding to them daily. E-mails will also be checked regularly (9am – 5pm daily) and will be responded to within 24hrs.
CLINIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
All patients, visitors and staff must answer NO to ALL the following questions to be allowed at any of the clinics:
- Do you have a fever, cough or any flu/cold-like symptoms or generally feeling unwell?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Is there any chance you’ve been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or any flu/cold like symptoms?
- Has anyone in your household or you’ve had close contact with travelled anywhere outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
If YES is answered to any of the above questions, that individual cannot come to any of the clinics for a minimum of 14 days.
STAFF GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
- Only ONE practitioner at each location at any given time. No support staff will be present. All administrative work is being done remotely.
- NO walk-in patients are to be accepted at this time. Those patients need to call the clinic and be screened appropriately.
- Practitioners can book appointment for EXISTING patients, but must follow COVID-19 ADMINISTRATIVE SCREENING QUESTIONS procedure
- Only ONE patient at a time can be seen at the clinic. Each appointment will be scheduled every 30 minutes. The patient interaction is to be a maximum of 20 minutes and 10 minutes will be allocated to sanitization procedures between patients (see below).
- Patients will be directed to wait outside the main doors. The door is to be LOCKED between patients. Waiting rooms are NOT to be used
- Patients have been instructed to come alone to appointments. If someone has accompanied them, that individual is NOT allowed in the clinic and must wait for them outside the clinic.
- Payment at the clinic is not to be accepted. This should have already been done remotely through administration. If not done, please advise remote administration and the patient will be contacted.
- Practitioners will NOT shake hands with patients.
- Where possible, practitioner treatments should be those that incorporate social distancing. Using modalities and/or guided exercises should be preferred. Close contact and/or manual care should be avoided and if required should be done with the greatest caution.
- Practitioners and patients should always direct their faces in opposite directions. Even during speaking.
- Practitioners will have available to them gloves and surgical masks to be used at their discretion. Gloves will be discarded after one patient use. One mask is sufficient for practitioner shift, especially due to world shortages. Practitioners are NOT to touch the filter of the mask.
- Practitioner schedules are limited and shortened and thus it is strongly advised that they DO NOT bring food to the clinic and that they eat before or after their shifts.
- Practitioners are required to wear a set of clean clothes during their shift. They must change out of those clothes at the end of the shift for commute home and clothing worn during their shift is to be washed and not reused.
- Practitioners should not go anywhere after their shift besides to their homes. They are strongly encouraged to shower immediately upon arrival at home.
SANITIZATION PROCEDURES BETWEEN PATIENTS:
- Practitioner will wash their hands immediately for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap before directing the patient out of the clinic.
- Practitioner will immediately clean any area used with the patient with disinfected wipes or sprays. This includes any equipment, treatment tables, door handles and any other item used.
- Practitioners will thoroughly wash their hands AGAIN for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Hand sanitizer will then be applied.peaking, direct their faces towards practitioners, but instead away from them.
SANITIZATION PROCEDURES DURING THE DAY AND END OF DAY
- Deep clean all other areas of the clinic that are “traffic areas”. This includes reception desk, washrooms and other clinic areas.
- End of day deep clean over and above COVID-19 protocol of treatment area used throughout the shift.
- Cleaning is to be done with disinfectant wipes and/or sprays.
PATIENT GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
- Patients are to wait outside of the clinic and will be allowed access only during their scheduled appointment times. The doors will otherwise be locked.
- Patients only will be allowed access to the clinic. If someone has accompanied them they will need to wait outside of the clinic.
- Patients should limit the number of items brought into the clinic to bare minimums.
- Patients will be required to review and sign a specialized consent form that verifies the answer to all COVID-19 screening questions is N0.
- Patients will be required to use hand sanitizer on all areas of hands and wrist before being moved to treatment area.
- Patients should not touch their faces during their appointments.
- If patients need to cough or sneeze at any point, they are to advise the practitioner as soon as possible and direct it into a tissue or their sleeve at the elbow. They will then be required to sanitize again.
- Unless it is an absolute emergency we ask patients not to use our washroom facilities.
- Patients should at no time even during speaking, direct their faces towards practitioners, but instead away from them.
To our valued patients,
Effective Tuesday March 17th, we will be closing our doors for 2 weeks to reduce the community spread of the COVID-19 virus. We believe it is our social responsibility to help with the social distancing which has been recommended by world health leaders. What this means for Burlington Sports and Spine:
- We will be closed from Tuesday. March 17th to Monday, March 30th
- All in office appointments scheduled in the next two weeks will be cancelled at this time.
- If you wish to email with your practitioner to check-in please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct your email accordingly
Once this passes, and it will, we plan to re-open our clinic with the same amazing, talented staff you’ve come to know.
We will update our website and social media regularly, to keep you informed of any changes via email. Although this is 2-week closure, we acknowledge that the situation is fluid and constantly changing. We will continue to reassess the situation and communicate any future closings.
We value and appreciate each of our patients, and thank you for your patience and understanding our need to take this situation very seriously. Please feel free to reach out via email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
The BSSC Team